Who should attend:
This course is aimed at health and social care workers and looks at a variety of behaviours which pose difficulties for care staff. The learners will explore how best to approach and manage occurrences of challenging and unpredictable behaviour. The course will also enable learners to have an understanding and awareness of the reasons why a person may present challenging behaviour.
The course will include:
- Definitions of challenging behaviour
- Types and impacts of challenging behaviour
- Internal and external influences on behaviour
- Assessing behaviour
- Recognising escalation, distraction & de-escalation methods
- Challenging Behaviour do’s and don’ts
- Encouraging positive behaviour techniques
Course duration and assessment:
This training duration is one day and concludes with a written assessment of knowledge; successful candidates will receive a certificate of successful completion and achievement.