Who should attend:
Anyone handling food must be properly instructed in food safety and hygiene. The course covers all aspects of food hygiene. Food hygiene law and its impact on the carer and care situations are an essential part of the course.
The course will cover:
- Bacteria and viruses
- Food Borne Diseases
- Cause and prevention of food poisoning
- Temperature guidelines
- How to prevent cross contamination
- Personal Hygiene
- Food pests and pest control
- Cleaning and disinfecting
- The law and a worker’s responsibilities
Course duration and assessment:
This training course is delivered over the course of one day and concludes with a written assessment of knowledge.