Manual Patience Handling
Who should attend:
This course is delivered by our accredited trainers and is aimed at health and social care workers – whether they are in the public or private sector. The course will enable learners to work through both theoretical and practical training and covers the following core modules….
The course will include:
- An introduction to manual and patient handling
- Manual and patient handling legislation
- Manual and patient handling risk assessments
- The TILE model
- Anatomy and physiology of the spine
- The leverage effect
- The eight principles of lifting
- Patient handling and equipment
- Patient handling practical training
Course duration and assessment:
This training course is delivered over the course of one day and concludes with both a written assessment of knowledge and a practical observation of the learner’s ability to conduct moves and transfers.